Personal Injury Claim Tampa
If you have been in a car accident, there are a number of things you should do to make sure that you are treated fairly and get the compensation that you deserve.
Here are several important things to remember in the event of an accident.
- Move to a safe location if the accident has caused significant damage to your car or another object.
- Do not leave the scene of an accident. This is illegal and punishable by law.
- If you or another person is injured, call 911 to receive medical attention.
- Call the police and do exactly as they tell you to do.
- Take as many pictures as you can with your cell phone.
- Never discuss your role or the other person’s role in the accident with other parties.
- Get as much information as you can from the other drivers.
- Do not make any statements to the insurance companies prior to speaking with your attorney
- Share insurance information with other parties, but don’t disclose the details of your policy.
- Contact an attorney. If anyone has sustained an injury or a vehicle is significantly damaged, you want to be sure that you are fairly represented and either get the money you are entitled to or ensure that you don’t overpay for damages to your vehicle.
Remember, you’re always better safe than sorry. Contact us for a free 30-minute consultation if you have been in a car accident.
If you have been involved in a car accident, there are a lot of different issues to contend with. You may find yourself dealing with a variety of serious issues, such as recovering from injuries suffered as a result of the accident, doctor’s visits, disability leave, medical bills and sometimes the reality of struggling to live independently. Dealing with insurance companies can be very complicated and you are at an extreme disadvantage doing so without legal assistance.
Insurance companies are looking out for their best interests and so should you. It is critical that you understand the applicable laws, what insurance companies are responsible for and whether or not you may be entitled to monetary damages due to the result of the accident. The laws surrounding these issues have changed in the last several years and now places great importance on seeking medical treatment immediately (no more than 14 days) after the accident. Not doing so could not only negatively affect your case, but in certain instances it can prevent you from recovering anything at all.
Do not attempt to take on these insurance companies without legal counsel. A good attorney can help you through this trying process. The Law Offices of Anthony Surber prides itself on maximizing our clients recovery, both physically and monetarily. This is done through good communication between the attorney and client, a proper assessment of the client’s injuries, proper medical diagnosis and rehabilitation and a detailed plan for your case in the event it goes to trial.
If you have been involved in a car accident, don’t try to take on the challenges of fighting insurance companies and hospitals without an attorney. Contact our office for a free 30 minute consultation to discuss your case and to determine what you may be entitled to under Florida law.