Car Accident Checklist
If you have been in a car accident, there are a number of things you should do to make sure that you are treated fairly and get the compensation that you deserve.
Here are several important things to remember in the event of an accident.
- Move to a safe location if the accident has caused significant damage to your car or another object.
- Do not leave the scene of an accident. This is illegal and punishable by law.
- If you or another person is injured, call 911 to receive medical attention.
- Call the police and do exactly as they tell you to do.
- Take as many pictures as you can with your cell phone.
- Never discuss your role or the other person’s role in the accident with other parties.
- Get as much information as you can from the other drivers.
- Do not make any statements to the insurance companies prior to speaking with your attorney
- Share insurance information with other parties, but don’t disclose the details of your policy.
- Contact an attorney. If anyone has sustained an injury or a vehicle is significantly damaged, you want to be sure that you are fairly represented and either get the money you are entitled to or ensure that you don’t overpay for damages to your vehicle.
Remember, you’re always better safe than sorry. Contact us for a free 30-minute consultation if you have been in a car accident.